As our Company Secretary for India, you will be part of the Nike Legal team and will be responsible for statutory compliance and all company secretarial work. In this role you will need to advise and interface regularly with the relevant business teams and other support functions.
- Ensure the Company is compliant with all statutory compliance, including scheduling board meetings, managing minutes etc.
- Corporate compliance.
- Assist the audit teams & internal finance and tax teams with respect to all compliances.
- Point person for all regulatory and statutory authorities.
Manage statutory records and on-going, routine company secretarial compliance work for Nike India.
- Be responsible for all routine and assisted where necessary, non-routine company secretarial work, within deadlines and budget constraints.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the Board of Directors including providing advice and prepare all necessary documents to convene board and general meetings to ensure matters are correctly recorded and appropriately approved.
- Review the content of annual reports and accounts from a statutory and corporate governance compliance perspective, particularly narrative and disclosures in the directors’ report and corporate governance report.
- Provide support to the Legal Director on such legal projects and matters in such manner as the Director may require from time to time.
- Minimum 2-4 years of post-qualification experience as a practicing company secretary.
- ACS certified from a reputable university/ institution.
- Time management, project management and workload management skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, people management, including ability to work effectively with the business teams in India as well as across South East Asia as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and problem solve.
- Should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as needed.
- Strong written & spoken communication skills (in English).
- Capable in relevant Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point)
Click Here to Apply for this Job
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.